I Am That Girl Now

Monday, January 30, 2006

Oh, my.

My Hub has just decided that at the very least, we need a weight bench, and probably a bar (weight-lifting bar, not drinkin' bar) and weights to go on it. That's if we can't find a weight machine that would suit us.

Apparently my Hub intends to put on muscle mass. I may have to get my ass back in gear regarding weight-lifting, too, if we buy something, because damned if I'm gonna let any piece of exercise equipment in our apartment gather dust. I'm still kind of boggled by the sudden turnabout from my Hub, but then again I remember that from his point of view, my leap into weight-loss was just as abrupt and out-of-nowhere. None of us know what's going on in anyone else's head, you know.

Still. Boggled.

3 Comments:

  • Having weights at home would be great and even better when your husband's so enthused :)

    By Blogger Kathryn, at 2:34 AM  

  • a weight bench with a bar and a few plates is probably more versatile, less bulky and cheaper than a multi gym. (My mistake was not getting a bench which included a rack to rest the bar after chest presses...)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:05 AM  

  • Jane, that was my reaction, too, but my Hub isn't keen on freeweights. He's found a cheap option that he says we'll try for a year, and then upgrade if we're still doing strength training.

    I love the "we" part. It's cracking me up.

    By Blogger Meg, at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home