I Am That Girl Now

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Days like this, I'm glad I'm on medication.

On the up side, my Hub exercised again this morning, while I jogged. That's three days in a row. Last night, he was hungry after dinner and asked my opinion on what he should eat "that won't make me a big fatty." I offered a few suggestions, but they weren't what he was in the mood for, and eventually he peeled himself a carrot and sat down and ate it, muttering, "I can't believe I'm eating a damn carrot for a snack."

Mental note: make sure the man eats more protein. We've been eating a bit on the vegetarian side this week, and that seems to have coincided with this new thing of his. So he's been hungry, and cranky, and has yet to figure out how this diet thing is supposed to work. I'm going to make a few batches of healthy snacks this weekend, and bulk out our meals with extra veggies, and make sure he has enough meat at dinner.

Apparently he has decided to lose weight. There's been no actual declaration of this, but for three days now he's been exercising and eating right, and evincing frustration that this sort of thing doesn't work immediately. I have refrained from mentioning that men tend to lose weight a lot faster than women, since that's probably of no comfort for him right now. Mostly, I'm just glad that he didn't start on this back when I was in my weight-loss days; he probably would have lost weight a lot faster than I did, and I would have been jealous and grumpy.

On the other hand, life is continuing to happen. We were supposed to get more help at work, and that's not happening, so the current crunch is going to continue indefinitely. There are really no adequate words to express how cranky I am about this. I'm going to talk with my boss later so that I feel at least that my views are on record, and then I'm going to figure out a way to automate some more shit. I do not like doing administrative crap and right now, my whole job is turning into administrative crap.

We have to wait to do our taxes until after we meet with our financial planner next week, but we did a test run online, and even without deductions for the student loan stuff and retirement plan credits, it's looking like we'll get $2K back. Which would look like a whole lot more money if it wasn't that my Hub's laptop computer went belly-up last month, so a new laptop will probably suck up most of that money.

Mostly I'm just cranky and wanting to be pampered. I had some sugar-free cocoa tucked away in my purse, which was nice, and I've got the office door shut and moody music on, which also helps. And, to be fair, the sensation of wanting to cry or possibly to murder the entire office went away after about an hour. It is possible to live through these things without chocolate, it seems.

I'm just... damn, I am tired of what I'm doing. The job I'm supposed to have, on paper, and the job I've got in practice are two different things. In between, I get really disappointed sometimes. Sigh.

Back to work.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home