I Am That Girl Now

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Beans, beans, and nothing but beans

Oy, we are eating a lot of beans. My marinated bean salad went over exceedingly well with my Hub, so there has been a lot of it incorporated into our meals. There's also the vegetarian refried beans spread on tortillas with a bit of the vegetarian chili for good measure.

I'm rather stunned that it doesn't smell worse at our apartment, if you catch my meaning, but apparently either our bodies are adjusting or we just got used to our own stink. Dunno.

Good news: my first chapter is done! Fifteen pages, seven thousand words. I've been taking the weekend off to putter around with it and get a plan put together for the next chapter, which means that less of the chapter sucks than it did earlier, and that eases my mind a bit. I always feel better with some good writing behind me.

Thus, I am sticking close to home today. Mostly sitting around with my laptop and trying to convince my cat that he doesn't have to sit on me all the time. Got my time on the exercise bike done, so I'm not a total loafer, but otherwise it's Me On My Ass Day.

Speaking of stink and of the exercise bike, I have yet to shower, and I am a bit rank. Gotta go.

7 Comments:

  • Beans are great in salads

    By Blogger Askazombiehousewife, at 5:45 PM  

  • One of my favorite flash-fix dinners is a quesadilla made with fat free refried beans spread on a tortilla with some low-fat mexican cheese blend. You can also add any leftover meat or veg from the fridge. Fold it over, pop it in the toaster oven to melt the cheese and toast the tortilla, cut it into wedges, dip it in salsa and you're good.

    By Blogger BethK, at 1:53 PM  

  • How about some jelly beans!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:04 PM  

  • w00t! chapter DOWN! good on ya tiger :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 AM  

  • I beg you, please post some of these recipes you keep tempting me with! I'd love to try out the bean salad & veggie slaws. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:16 PM  

  • Beans! Yum..and uh-oh!! LOL

    By Blogger Nicole (SummersComing), at 4:48 PM  

  • I'd love some of the bean recipes too...beans are SUCH a good source of protein!

    By Blogger Nicole, at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home