I Am That Girl Now

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

In which our heroine starts over

Well, the state of the Meg is not so great at the moment, because in moving our possessions I managed to fall down the stairs and give myself three big bruises, on my thigh, my back, and my wrist. I keep forgetting about the bruises on the wrist and thigh, but by God the one on my back hurts like mad, because it's right on the rib and the rib itself seems to be a bit injured. Not broken, but definitely banged up.

So the good news is that we're moved in, all unpacked, and really happy with the new place. The bad news is that I'm too sore to do much in the way of exercise, and we're still struggling to get the kitchen re-stocked so the food situation has kind of gone up and down.

I said I'd start over once we got settled, though, and by golly I am doing so. There are a few inherent good things about the new place where exercise is concerned: it's on the third floor, which means more stairs every day, and it's further from the El, which means more walking every day. And as an added bonus, we don't have cable TV and don't plan on getting it, which means that we've dropped from watching four or five hours of TV every night to maybe one (downloaded or on DVD), and we end up getting to bed a lot earlier because there's nothing to distract us from the fact that we're feeling tired.

Oh, and there's a full-length mirror in the hallway. ACK. I have a vast ability to lie to myself, but a full-length mirror goes a long way toward dissolving the credibiilty of those lies.

I have been wearing my pedometer every day this week, although today is the first day I'm going to make it to the 10,000 mark. I am slowly turning this thing around. I have to, because I am seriously tired of my pants feeling tight.

It's been raining a lot lately, so we haven't got much morning jogging in. We have an exercise bike ordered from Sears, which is impossible for me to check on because the Sears.com website is possibly the worst website in the world; it's only up about two days every week, and not for all of either of those days. It's supposed to be available to pick up at some point this week. This may be a giant lie. This is the last time I buy something from Sears that needs to be ordered, I tell you true, because sometime since my childhood they have become sort of shoddy about this stuff. Perhaps it happened around the time that they stopped putting out the catalogue. Hrm.

I have been so tired, folks, SO TIRED. I think my body is still taking revenge on me for the spotty sleep I got before and right after the move. Or maybe it's allergies. Not sure, but man, I've been spending this whole week feeling like I was about to fall asleep at my desk.

Anyway, that's it at the moment. I'm alive, I love my apartment like mad, and the great tugboat of my health quest is turning around to go the correct direction.

2 Comments:

  • You can bruise a bone. I bruised a bone in my back as a kid and it hurt a lot. The fall knocked the wind out of me first and I couldn't get up. I went to the emergency room strapped to a wooden board. What I'm saying is: it takes a lot to bruise a bone, but it's possible. And it hurts.

    By Blogger Kat, at 7:51 PM  

  • Sorry for the double post, but you should take iron. It helps with bruises.

    By Blogger Kat, at 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home