I Am That Girl Now

Monday, March 27, 2006

I am so happy, I could bounce around like Tigger

I love April, and it hasn't even started yet. Not only do I get to take two different classes from the lovely Chicago Parks District, but as the weather gets warmer, the option to jog outside rather than inside opens up. Which is important, since we're most likely going to have to sell our treadmill rather than alienate a set of downstairs neighbors with the thumpita-thumpita noises early in the morning.

Here's the part where my cup runneth over with goodies: my Hub, when faced with the idea that I would be switching to outdoor running (an idea that makes him very nervous, because Chicago can be dangerous for a lone female jogger), decided that if I jog outside, he's coming along with me. He has decided to be my running partner.

I could cry, I'm so damn happy. It's what I've always wanted. Wheee! Of course, the proof will be in the pudding, and in this case it very much remains to be seen how we'll do as running partners. Could go either way. I've got better stamina and cardiovascular health, but his legs are longer and he's proven speedier on short distances. At any rate, I'm jazzed about the idea and can't wait to get started.

My Hub has also come up with the idea that we should use the money from selling the treadmill to buy a new piece of in-home exercise equipment. (Clearly, we didn't end up getting the home gym.) We're thinking that a stationary bike machine would be a good idea, since it's good for cardio on non-running days and since it would give us a cardio option on nasty weather days when we really don't want to go outside, and since Chicago has many of that kind of day. Engaging in this kind of discussion with my Hub fills me with great joy. He's exercising. He's been at it steadily for almost a month. This is friggin' phenomenal.

In other news, we are most decidedly moving, and are paring down the unused possessions. I've put ads up on Craigslist for various things, but if anyone in the Chicago area wants a scale, media shelving, kitty scratching post, round kitchen table, TV cart, red folding chairs, a size 6 peacoat, home theatre system (the speakers and the control unit thingy), or a full-sized mattress (no box springs), let me know, and I'll cut you a deal. I'm hoping to raise money with the selling of such things to cover part of the cost of the movers.

4 Comments:

  • That's great that he's exercising with you!! I've tried and tried, to get my fiance to at least take a walk with me, but he's always tired!! He works in construction, so he says the last thing he wants to do when he gets home is exercise, although he bought a $200 weight equipment thingy! He's used it 2x in over a year!!

    I was looking for your Archives. I just found your site today and just the couple of entries I read I found interesting and something I could relate too.

    You mentioned that most of your "savings" previously had gone to credit cards and the wedding. When did you get married? I'm getting married in 2 months and we're looking into getting a loan to pay off some debt (bathfitters & our awesome bed etc) and to pay for the wedding. We're not going too extravagant but its up to about 5K.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:50 AM  

  • Can I have some of your bounce? :)

    By Blogger theaddict, at 6:43 PM  

  • Hi Meg!
    This is my first time on your site: congrats on keeping it up with the good work! I found the link on the fatfighterblogs where you are listed, since I am doing some research on the subjet. I know this may be the wrong place where to post my question (i did not find your email), and it is a sort of delicate question but i wanted to ask you if you think it would be appropriate for me to try to join that community. I am trying to loose weight and I am half the way done. So what is the real problem? well, only the fact that my starting weight is many's goal weight. I never weighted over 70 kilos (I am 5'8"), I m right now sitting at 60 and want to get to 50. Why, since I am not fat or overweight? I guess for sheer ideal of beaty and because yes, I have got a very thin bone structure, a small medical problem with one leg and an ugly flaccidity of the entire body... I still look really bad in a swimsuit and I feel uncomfortable. Add that I work in the fashion industry (where I am looked at as it I was a ball of lard) and you have got the full ugly picture. So, what do you think? Should I give it a try or it would be insulting for many people who have more serious problems than my own?
    An honest advice from you, given the fact you have reached the dream, would be really appreciated. Sorry for the long post and thanks!
    t.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:55 PM  

  • Are you okay. I'm starting to worry. I've been enjoying your blog for a few weeks...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home