I Am That Girl Now

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Ow. Just ow.

I have four holes in my mouth where my wisdom teeth used to be, and my mouth hurts. All is well, by the standards of such surgery, but my standards go along the lines of "intact mouth with no ouchie holes in it" so it's not great by what I'm used to.

We have gorgeous produce that I can't eat. My Hub, who is a lovely man, bought a ton of frozen fruit and has been making me smoothies, but smoothies for two straight days for every meal is a bit too much of a good thing. Tomorrow we're going to try scrambled eggs and potato soup, albeit not at the same time. Something that resembles real food would be good.

I was doing pretty well for most of today. Now I'm just so tired, and so sick of not being able to do what I want to do, that I'm sad. My Hub keeps trying to convince me to stay put and rest, and I keep fighting him, but the thing is, he's right, and I'm just pretending that he's the only thing keeping me from going out and doing my normal weekend things. If I was really up to it, I wouldn't let him stop me; I never do. I know better. Grrr. It's all very frustrating.

To add to the fun, there's another conflict brewing among my group of friends, and this just never goes well. I've got my little space defined with everyone, and then they start fighting with each other and I have to work my ass off to keep from getting pulled into taking sides.

Life just never sits still when you need it to, does it?

1 Comments:

  • blah! indeed, it never does. and you have my full sympathies re the wisdom teeth. i had four out at once too and the pureed food gets old sooo quick... hope things are going ok soon :)

    By Blogger Shauna, at 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home