I Am That Girl Now

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Well, that's better.

I talked with my Hub over lunch, after discovering that he's gone public with the fact that he's exercising. He told me that if he really didn't want to do it, he wouldn't do it, and I couldn't make him; he wants to do this, he just needs someone else to kick him out of bed and steer him to the treadmill. He says he'll be cranky in the mornings and full of thanks in the afternoon, like today.

Okay. I can do that.

In other news, I'm trying to cut our grocery bill down dramatically, and mostly this is making me grumpy. Okay, "dramatically" is a bit of an overstatement. But there's no reason that we should be spending this much money, and when I look at what we actually use for food, the amount we spend seems out of proportion to what we're using, and we have a ton of stuff in the freezer and cupboard that isn't in the rotation of actual food preparation, it's just there. We have a wretched ton of meat in the freezer, and as such I'm taking a month off of buying any meat. I'm also putting together a list of what we actually do use, and what we need to keep on hand at all times in order to have a functional kitchen. Everything else = extra.

On the one hand, this is good. On the other hand, this is a pain in the ass. ARGH.


1 Comments:

  • Yikes, that's a difficult position to be in -- Motivator for someone else. Kind of a tightrope...

    I worked on my husband to do Cto5K, and he did the first workout on Feb 20th. First and last. I had decided beforehand that I would give him all the support for it (things like scheduling dinner around his workout) but I wasn't going to nag him to do it. I don't know if he's still interested, if he plans to pick it up again, but I'm not asking.

    By Blogger M@rla, at 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home