I Am That Girl Now

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Swift update, for I must go write

Gotta go, 'cause I owe myself 500 words of fiction prose, but before that...

Thing the first that is awesome: the first recipe I got to try out of the Student's Vegetarian Cookbook was very very tasty, my Hub loved it, and it got an enthusiastic thumbs up. Sadly, it did not seem to satisfy him, for then he went and ate two homemade burritos. Mental note: next time, make extra.

Thing the second that is awesome: I'm almost done with the first chapter of my book, a mere two weeks after I forced myself to sit down to write, and about ten days after I actually managed to start writing without freaking out. Which is not to say that this doesn't need a mammoth re-write, and I'm considering giving myself a "night off" from my word quota after the rough draft of the chapter is written, and just going to town on tweaking the thing. Then the next night, I go back to work in forward motion.

Thing the third that is awesome: I got started on a long-ignored project at work this week, and am making pretty good progress. I may eventually get this being-a-grownup thing hashed out after all.

Things that suck:

I AM SO TIRED. I've been getting to bed on time, but sleeping so poorly that I don't think I made it to REM sleep once since Sunday; around one in the morning last night I found myself in the bathroom, petting one of the cats, and praying that when I went back to bed I'd sleep deeply enough to dream, for once. My prayer was apparently answered, because I slept and dreamed some wacky, wacky stuff, including a horrible part when there was a burglar and I confronted him and my Hub was in the shower and I couldn't scream and so, instead, I hit the burglar with a TV-tray. Which is an improvement over prior burglar dreams, when I'd be frozen and unable to move or scream; at least now my subconscious is more confrontational.

My Hub's job sucks right now, which is causing stress for the household in general. I am just going to say GAAAAH.

And that's the news, kids. Chin up: the week's halfway over!

6 Comments:

  • I HATE the "can't scream" dreams! But the TV tray is cool.

    By Blogger M@rla, at 6:08 AM  

  • Glad you were in power in your dream. I am also glad huby liked the dish you made.

    By Blogger Askazombiehousewife, at 6:13 AM  

  • If I may ask, what dish did you make? No need to violate the copyright on the recipe or anything; just a general description. Thanks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 AM  

  • WTG on your first chapter!

    I have that cookbook, so I'm also curious as to what recipe you tried? :)

    By Blogger Zara, at 1:23 PM  

  • Zara, it was the Pete's Harbor Special. Zucchini and vegetarian refried beans and salsa and a bit of cheese. Completely awesome.

    By Blogger Meg, at 3:13 PM  

  • Thanks! I'll have to try that one out! :)

    By Blogger Zara, at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home