I Am That Girl Now

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Gonna have to face it, I'm addicted to tea

I have traded my sugar and caffiene addictions for a decaf tea addiction, it seems. Folks, I am officially in love with Stash's Decaf Vanilla Nut Creme. I am considering buying 100 g loose-leaf online, which would be a good deal except for the fact that shipping costs $4.95 for some reason. Apparently this is to encourage me to purchase more than one thing, because it's still $4.95 shipping if I buy two.

Other problem: I was telling myself that I was going to save my pin money this paycheck, since there wasn't anything in particular I wanted to buy. A few months' worth of this and I'll have enough to buy a new laptop, which is looming large in my future as my 4-year-old one keeps getting more and more unstable. So I'm torn between being stingy, and having tea.

Fuck it. I can wait a while for tea. I'm going on a grocery run this weekend and I'll pick some more up then, and I can squeeze in a loose-leaf order on my next paycheck. If there's another habit I need to break, I'm pretty sure it's the habit of getting all MUST BUY THING NOW and rushing headlong into purchases.

The shoulder is limping towards healing; it doesn't hurt that much anymore, and I've been avoiding any movement that might irk it. I've been doing the little rehab exercises for it. I'm hoping that in another week or so I might be able to do yoga again. Knock on wood. More research must be done. My Hub wants me to go to the doctor; I, on the other hand, am thinking that since it's not hurting much anymore, and since everything I've read tells me that the doctor will essentially tell me to rest it, ice it, and rehab it... and, most importantly (don't you just love our medical system?), I don't want to end up having a test done that sounds like a good idea at the time but ends up not being covered by insurance and costing me another $300.

Grr.

The thing is, the threat of making me go to the doctor is actually making me act sane about my injury this time, so that's a good thing. I'm absolutely not going to push this. I do not like pain, and I do not like being hurt, and while normally my "I don't like being hurt" thing means that I get impatient with my injuries and push through them, this time I'm thinking that impatient would be bad.

Impatient always means bad. I have to stop flipping out.

Oh, good news: I did actually get to writing last night, all set up in my little cubbyhole in the bedroom. Quiet, no interruptions, no distractions, all good. I'm pretty happy about that.

6 Comments:

  • My boyfriend hurt his shoulder and finally went to a doctor. They were able to determine that he partially tore his rotator cuff. I think you can tell by trying to lift both arms over your head straight sideways, his went halfway up fine, then the one arm suddenly didn't want to go farther. Anyway, the doctor reffered him to a physical therapist, which was apparently wonderful because they did lots of massage things and electrical stimulation things and such.

    By Blogger KC, at 8:24 AM  

  • I love that tea too! But for some reason my boyfriend seems to think it smells like a mixture of excrement and garbage.

    Seriously, he would come home as I was enjoying a nice cup of tea and he'd ask what the heck that smell was and we couldn't figure it out! Finally I put two and two together and realized it was the tea he was smelling.

    I don't know what's wrong with him -- it smells good and tastes even better. :)

    - Shrew

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:53 AM  

  • I don't understand this big conundrum between computer and tea, it's not an either-or-situation: haven't you ever heard of shoplifting??

    Good luck with the shoulder.

    By Blogger M@rla, at 9:54 AM  

  • I'm addicted to fruit juices--the healthy balance brand. It's great and reduced calorie. Their website is full of great healthy living tips.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:34 PM  

  • Um...shoulder injury...don't mess with it. When I hurt mine last summer I did rehab for four weeks before trying anything like yoga (or softball, which was my particular cause) and I was under the supervision of both a doctor and a physical therapist the whole time. It started to feel better after two weeks, but need two more to really heal. Then I had to take it very easy for another four weeks to build strength back. Just...proceed with caution.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 AM  

  • M@rla's idea sounds good! lol. Christ, live a little and have both!

    By Blogger Chris H, at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home