I Am That Girl Now

Monday, March 26, 2007

ow ow ow

Well, my legs are fine, probably because they're already adjusted to the concept of pushing heavy weights here and there (85 pounds on 3 work sets of 8 reps each; I feel like friggin' WONDER WOMAN), but the rest of my body hurts like crazy and I am very much not wanting to go back to the gym today.

To my sadness, I cannot manage the bar for the bench press. Woe is me! Which, my Hub says, is fine, because that means he doesn't have to spot me on those, because I'll be using dumbbells and won't be risking having something come down and crush my throat. ...Okay.

I did squats, bench press, rows, pull-downs, and a great deal of godforsaken ab work which involved some sort of inclined bench and then what my Hub told me was called a "captain's chair" (I think he may be full of shit). Squats were difficult, but I'm not sore. Everything else HURTS LIKE CRAZY. Like, every single ab muscle everywhere, and my back, and every arm muscle, and my pecs, and... really, it's like I'm wearing a shirt of sore. The good news is that my trick shoulder is still just fine. Hooray!

My form on squats has improved a LOT. First few times, I didn't pull my shoulderblades back enough, and thus didn't have enough of a "meat shelf" to hold the bar on, and so the first bumpy vertebra at the end of my neck ended up sore. The last few times, no soreness there. WOO. I'm starting to look like I know what I'm doing, too. So now I just have to do that with all the other exercises and joy will be mine.

Off days, I am theoretically doing yoga. I say "theoretically" because I hurt too much to do so on my off days right now. I did it Friday, and then Saturday we went to the gym and I've been going "ow ow ow" ever since. Thing is, this is basically what I've wanted to have happening for my fitness routine, so I'm pretty happy to have it finally going.

Meditation is good stuff. I'm not sure what it's doing for my brain yet, but I've had a few real good sessions, and I've been trying to incorporate it into a life in little bits. Mostly I'm still hashing out how to get enough sleep, once again, since I have to get up at 5 AM in order to have enough time for this stuff (since exercise is in the evening now). Ah, well.

1 Comments:

  • I know you're in pain, but I bet that soreness feels so good. It means you are really working it at the gym! No doubt you'll be able to lift that bench press bar soon!

    By Blogger Future Me, at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home