I Am That Girl Now

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I would overeat, but it takes so much energy

We have to start getting to bed at a sane time on the weekends. That's all there is to it. The transition back into weekday time is KILLING me.

I keep falling asleep in my Hub's office when we do lunch. Finish eating, kick back, and whoops, out like a light. I did the same thing last night after dinner-- I just curled up on the couch and passed out. Out of nowhere we had a friend stop over at 9:30 last night-- my usual bedtime!-- and for an hour I was caught between wanting the friend to go and feeling like a jerk for valuing my sleep over time with a friend. Apparently my priorities are, indeed, all about my lifestyle. I still feel like a jerk. Sigh.

On the up side, it's nice to know that a) my body demands rest when it's operating in a sleep deficit and b) I'm actually attuned enough to those demands to recognize and act upon them, as opposed to feeling like crap and overeating (which of course didn't help matters one bit). Good body. Good job. ::pats self::

They're painting in our office and the fumes are just murder. It's giving me a headache. How stupid am I that I forget to bring Advil to work? Ow, my friggin' head.

I keep idly thinking of the chocolate in my desk and then sort of shrugging it off. I've gone over to it and poked it with a finger a few times, but once I get that far I become disillusioned and remember that it's utter crap chocolate, and I wander off again. Pretty good as such things go.

I have packed whey powder to bring home. I have the 5 lbs. of unflavored whey at home, but I've been throwing a little chocolate whey powder into the fudgesicle mix (and a little Torani's sugar-free syrup) to boost the flavor and the protein, so I need some of the chocolate... which I keep at work, to mix into my morning oatmeal.

I ran some statistics that back up my gut instincts on a certain part of work; it's going to give me backup when I start pushing for the big development that I want. My problem has always been that I know what's going on in my little corner of things, but I don't have the numbers to prove it, and so when I try to get something done I get no support from the higher-ups. This time I'm getting the data, then I'm going to go to the higher-ups and pitch my ideas, THEN I'm going to get shit done-- with full backing from the higher-ups. I want that big stick available to hit people with. My ideas are good ideas, dammit; the company will be better off instituting them. I just have to convince them of that.

1 Comments:

  • Would you post your modified fudgecicle recipe? They sound great!

    By Blogger neca, at 6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home