I Am That Girl Now

Friday, May 13, 2005

A new world's record! (For me, anyway.)

Tonight's candy calendar slot held three Dove Promises dark chocolate pieces, instead of two-- to make sure all the chocolate went into the calendar, with none left over, one out of every three slots or so has an extra. Extra ones go to my Hub.

He ate his the way I was eating mine at the beginning of the week: popped in the mouth, chewed and sucked on, swallowed, voila, done. For the second day in a row, I ended up savoring the hell out of mine.

I just noticed how long it took me to get through these two little pieces-- over fifteen minutes apiece. I'm so proud. And ohhhh, so happy, because those things are quite excellent. If there was ever a food to teach me that I'll enjoy the taste more by going slow, this is that food. The little shavings just BLOOM when they melt on my tongue. Wow. A learning experience, to say the least.

I'm thinking that some time when I'm less insanely poor, I might use chocolate chips or parts of chocolate bars from Vosges. Black Pearl. Definitely. Dark chocolate, ginger, black sesame seeds, wasabi. Perfection. (Okay, so the Naga is just as good-- milk chocolate, curry powder, and coconut. And granted, those are the only two I've had. The other two might be just as good. Now that I know they're at Marshall Field's, I may just have to pick 'em up for special occasions.)

Speaking of special occasions, tomorrow marks a milestone: 500 days since I started exercising. I love round numbers. I think I should mark the occasion by switching over to BFL as of Day 501.

I've spent the day looking over the Body For Life book, and Maggie has provided extra guidance, and I think we could swing this.

Oh, my poor Hub, though. He's going to have to be coaxed and coated with information, because he's gotten to the point where he's terribly confused about what to feed me. I guess I really hadn't noticed just how much of his information was secondhand; I've been reading up on nutrition and healthy eating pretty much constantly for the past year and a half, and most of this stuff is ingrained in my brain by now. I seem to have left him in the dust without noticing. Oops.

I think we can handle this. There's just going to have to be some education done, and that has to wait until morning, at least; he's a little sensitive right now and anything that smacks of "correction" is just not a good idea. I actually think that the portion size thing from BFL will make him pretty happy-- he's been blanking on these things lately and it's been making him paranoid.

The food is almost exactly what we're already eating; we just have to get the hang of getting the ratios right. And, of course, get the hang of which is what-- I had to break it to my Hub that lima beans and corn are carbs, not vegetables. Poor boy, his concept of reality is shaken.

I'll have to figure out what to do about yoga. I just don't know. And I suspect that we're going to have to end up investing in some more weight equipment.

Also, it occurs to me that if my Hub doesn't decide to do the plan with me, I'm going to have to do something desperate to make sure he eats enough. The man is 10 inches taller than me and almost 60 pounds heavier, and yet half the time he eats less than I do (the other half, of course, he eats five times the amount that I do). He's getting better about eating breakfast, particularly since I started making damn sure that we have eggs and bread around all the time... but considering that I'm going to be eating three more meals than he will, I'm going to have to beat it into his brain that either he eats six meals, or he eats twice as much as I do at the three. This may involve waving numbers at him. Wish me luck.

My, this is going to be a fun weekend. I'm excited, though.

3 Comments:

  • Hello. I really enjoyed the BFL book and the challange when I was doing it. If you have the equipment and the time and resources to make sure you eat the right # of meals a day I say go for it! And well done with the chocolates. Things are always better when they are savoured.

    By Blogger theaddict, at 6:23 PM  

  • Vosges was featured on Food Network the other day. I'm anxious to try their dark chocolate/curry truffles!!

    By Blogger lainb, at 8:17 PM  

  • those chocolates sound so bizarre... but definitely worth a go :)

    By Blogger Virginia, at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home