I Am That Girl Now

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Oh, but one good thing...

I got the candy calendar made, and stocked it with dark-chocolate Dove pieces. It works!

Basically it's just a shallow cardboard box with a hinged lid (not that the hinge part is necessary, just what I happened to have on hand), with a cardboard wrapping-paper tube cut up into sections and used to make a honeycomb that fits in the box. I paper-clipped the tube bits together so they'd stay the way they're supposed to, and then tipped them up onto the lid so I could trace out the insides of the circles-- and thus know where to cut the little doors. (Note: be careful not to cut all the way around the little doors.) I put Glad Press'n'Seal wrap over the top, so all the doors would stay in place and I could see where they were, then loaded up the candy and taped the box shut. Voila. I cut around one little door every day and snag me some chocolatey goodness.

When I told my mother about this invention, she said that something like that would do her no good-- she'd just open all the doors and eat all the candy. Gee, I wonder where I got my problems with food from, again...?

6 Comments:

  • what a cute & creative invention!!

    By Blogger lainb, at 1:03 PM  

  • i love it! i think i'm gonna have to copy it... :)

    By Blogger Virginia, at 8:19 PM  

  • Just wanted to let you know I stumbled upon your blog about a week ago, proceeded to read all the archives and am duly hooked.

    Despite your struggles, you're inspirational because of your honesty and humour which is so easy to identify with. So anyway, you've got a new lurker (that's not the same thing as 'stalker' is it? God I hope not cuz I've just outted myself if that's the case...)

    Anyway, greetings from across the pond :)

    xxx Redlilocks
    (Redlilocks@lycos.co.uk)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 AM  

  • quick! patent that invention right away! otherwise it will be on the home shopping network before you know it....

    :)

    hope you're on the mend soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:06 AM  

  • So now, what did you do with the rest of the bag of chocolates?? one bad day and I'd turn it into a bag of empty wrappers whilst my choco-vent calendar went untouched....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:32 PM  

  • Believe me, so would I. That's why I only bought as many chocolate servings as would fit in the calendar. I'm not stupid, for pete's sake!

    By Blogger Meg, at 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home