I Am That Girl Now

Saturday, May 07, 2005

I hate PMS, I hate PMS

I am hanging on to my talisman like mad today because I am just so illogically miserable it's not funny. Actually, it was worse; before my Hub woke up, I managed to do my strength training and eat my breakfast and nothing else, but oh, my hip flexors and quads and hamstrings hurt, and my back, and I kept finding excuses not to go run.

My Hub found me stretching miserably, and the moment I had an audience I started to whine, and the moment I started to whine I found myself on the edge of tears. My Hub convinced me to at least go walk, and after a lot more whining I did. Kept almost crying. Oh, the picture of misery.

After my stupid little walk, I curled up on the couch with my head on my Hub's leg. Begged him to rub my back. Sweet sweet man went and got the massage oil and gave me a full-body massage until his hands cramped up, and finally I felt a little better.

So, so, so close to completely snapping. I found myself with my head in the fridge and managed to back awaaaaay from the leftovers. But damn, this is not a good day.

I have a plan. At some point soon I'm going to get an ID bracelet, and get it engraved with this phrase: I am worth the trouble. I think that encapsulates everything I need to remember, really.

6 Comments:

  • I am sorry you're having such a miserable day. The best of us have days like this. I hope you feel better soon. Try to stay out of the refrigerator.

    By Blogger theaddict, at 5:50 PM  

  • Oh sweetie... [hug] If L'Oreal hadn't already copyrighted it, I'd have a bracelet engraved with 'Because you're worth it'.

    Remember, whatever is in the fridge doesn't care about how you feel and doesn't want to make you feel better. It's just fuel, not emotional support (and I'm a raving hypocrite, because I do the same thing!)

    By Blogger TC, at 7:26 AM  

  • I completely know how you feel. I am fighting the PMS battle myself. It's knocking on the door & I'm trying my best to hold it shut.

    It's a wonder how our hubbies deal with us during our PMS isn't it? Mine looks at me like I'm nuts and I tell him - he has no idea because I'm actually holding back! Tee-hee.

    I tend to be blessed with an awesome bout of energy the week before my PMS kicks in (thankfully) because when it finally arrives - my ass doesn't want to do anything but bitch and moan.

    BTW - your blog is awesome!! I'm hooked.

    Feel free to check out mine.
    http://pttobegirl.blogspot.com

    And, hang in there girl - I'm routing for you :-)

    By Blogger Openfields, at 8:57 AM  

  • You poor lambie, TTOM sucks big time doesn't it? I was so desperate I went to the vitamin shop and got some heavy duty stuff for "hormonal balance during PMS and menopause" - and to my surprise (and my and DH's relief) it works a bloody charm. Maybe give it a shot? Well done for backing away from the fridge, that's hero material!

    LBTEPA

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:40 PM  

  • Lady, even with PMS and ouchyness you manage to leave the leftovers untouched... good on you! Hope you're feeling a little better today.
    Thanks for all your advice about the morning stuff. I'm trying it out tomorrow morning.
    :)

    By Blogger Virginia, at 7:45 PM  

  • Oh, how miserable! I'm sorry you felt that way on Saturday. I hope the rest of the weekend picked up. Sending you cheery thoughts -- or, if you'd prefer, collegial misery. Grump away, my dear, if that's how you feel.

    By Blogger Noames, at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home