I Am That Girl Now

Monday, June 06, 2005

Spinach/Cottage Cheese Dip recipe

As requested.

Oh, and speaking of recipes-- we tried Maggie's Pork Meatballs w/ Pineapple Sauce tonight and it was really, really good. (My Hub intends to re-create the recipe as wonton filling as soon as he gets his hands on some wonton wrappers. Evil bastard.)



Spinach & Cottage Cheese Dip

1 box frozen spinach (about 10 oz.)
1 cup cottage cheese
½ cup protein powder
2 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs garlic
1 cup garbanzo beans

Thaw out the frozen spinach-- I usually do this under cold running water, the laws of thermodynamics being what they are. Un-box. Squeeze out the water-- they say to do this with a clean kitchen towel, but I find that a few layers of paper towel work just as well, if used carefully.

Throw all ingredients in food processor, process until smooth-ish. Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, ground red pepper, Frank's Red Hot sauce, and garlic powder to taste. Eat with veggies.

(This would probably be really tasty with the addition of some canned artichoke hearts. Haven't tried it yet, though.)

According to my Living Cookbook program, the nutritional content is as follows for four servings (and those are pretty hefty servings):

Amount Per Serving
Calories 165.63
Calories From Fat (9%) 14.24
Total Fat 1.62
Saturated Fat 0.47g
Cholesterol 17.54mg
Sodium 381.73mg
Potassium 300.88mg
Carbohydrates 19.11g
Dietary Fiber 4.76g
Sugar 1.66g
Protein 19.63g

Your milage may vary, particularly if you have a better program than I do. (And if you do, please tell me.)

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for posting - this looks positively delicious and I will definitely add artichoke hearts! *yum* I'm crying a little on the inside though because this sounds so good and, although an incredibly healthy foodstuff, I can't eat it for another six weeks.

    Sorry, I'm having a pity party for me today. boo.

    By Blogger amyella, at 7:01 PM  

  • yum! thanks much.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home