I Am That Girl Now

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

FOUR MILES!

I went to the fun run tonight, in the gorgeous, gorgeous new-summer weather. Nobody was planning on going three miles; everyone there was doing 4 or more.

One of the gals in the 4-mile group, D., assured me that the 4-milers were all thinking "three or four", so I went with them. When we were coming up on the three-mile turnaround, she asked if I wanted to try for four... and assured me that I could stop and walk anytime.

So hey, what the hell. I gave it a shot. And damn me, it seemed like barely any extra at all.

I didn't have to stop to walk at any point. I found out afterward that we were keeping about a 6 mph pace the whole time, because it took just over 40 minutes for us to run four miles (and at least a minute or two of that was spent waiting at stoplights).

Guys, I CAN RUN FOUR MILES! Holy shit!

The question becomes: how long have I been able to do this, and how long have I been fooling myself into believing I couldn't?

4 Comments:

  • Wow, you are my inspiration tonight! That's incredible... four miles in FORTY minutes??? Go you!

    I am just trying to handle walking up some flights of stairs without wondering if I'll die :P!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:23 AM  

  • i love that last sentence... makes you wonder, eh?

    well done meg. you rule the school :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 AM  

  • HOLY SHIT! I'm SO jealous! That's just friggin' awesome. Doesn't it feel great to discover something new and fantastic about yourself?

    By Blogger Zara, at 11:00 AM  

  • That's awesome--and I'm incredibly not surprised. Push yourself--it'sso rewarding!!!

    Time for a 10K maybe?

    By Blogger Noames, at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home